The Internet is filled with various tools to take webpage screenshots on Windows. While searching for the best tool, we have come across the tool called Fireshot. Despite the lack of screen recording ability, Fireshot provides many advanced features that you can’t see on other tools. It comes with an in-built image editor, where you can edit the screenshot as soon as it was taken. It also supports other editing images that are stored locally on your device. Users who are looking for Snipping Tool alternatives can make use of this tool to fulfill their requirements.
Fireshot is available in two variants: free and pro variant. Even though the lite or free version is more than enough to fulfill the basic screenshot requirements, you need to unlock the premium version for various advanced features. Here are some of the major highlights of the Fireshot Pro version:
- Upload your screenshots on Flickr, ImageShack, FTP servers, HTTP servers, and Twitter.
- Capture long webpages and save them directly as a PDF file.
- Add watermark, numbers, headers, footers, annotations, and more.
- To store the screenshot in different formats like JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP, PNG, and PDF. It also supports copying the screenshot to the clipboard.
- To share screenshots through E-mail directly.
While writing this guide, the developer has offered a 33% discount on the lifetime edition of Fireshot. It costs $39.95. Apart from the lifetime version, they don’t provide any monthly or annual plans.
When it comes to compatibility, both versions of Fireshot (Free & Premium) support all kinds of popular web browsers you can imagine. Here are the supported web browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
- Pale Moon
- Internet Explorer
If you have bought the Fireshot Pro version, you can download it on Chromium-based web browsers like Brave browser, Comodo Dragon and SeaMonkey.
How to Download and Use Fireshot
The free versions of Fireshot can be downloaded directly from your browser’s extension store or addon store. If you purchased the premium version, a key would be sent to you through E-mail. Copy the key and paste it on this Fireshot support page. Click Download and then install the Pro version.
You can also unlock the premium version directly on the free tool that you installed on the browser. Tap the extension that you downloaded and select Switch to Pro. Now, click the extension again and then choose Miscellaneous > Enter license info.
Enter your product key & owner name without any error and click Ok. After unlocking the premium version, you can start using the extension to take screenshots.
Tapping on the extension will provide options to capture the entire page, the visible part, particular element, browser window, and all tab. Upon selecting your mode, Fireshot will prompt you to select an action that needs to be done after taking the screenshot. It will display nine different options like Edit, Save, Save as PDF, Send to OneNote, Upload, Print, Copy to Clipboard, E-Mail, and Open in External Editor. Select your preferred action and then take the screenshots.
Another advantage of the Fireshot tool is that its image editor provides a lot of tools to customize the screenshot.
- Resize (CTRL + ALT + I) – To change the dimensions of the screenshot
- Crop (CTRL + ALT + T) – To crop the screenshot
- Select (ALT + 1) – To select the required section of the image either in Rectangle shape or eclipse shape
- Drawing (ALT + 4) – To draw a free form shape or text on the image
- Pointer (ALT + 5) – To point out the important information on the screen
- Text (ALT + 6) – To add text on the screenshot
- Image (ALT + 7) – To add images that are locally stored on your computer
Apart from these editing tools, the editor also provides basic options like Undo/Redo, Save, Open, Copy, Mail, Export, and Print.
Despite having so many advantages, Fireshot also has few drawbacks:
- As it is also available as a premium tool, most users will expect screen recording ability. The feature that you can find on Awesome Screenshot and Nimbus Screenshot.
- Even though it supports different browsers, the Fireshot Pro version is only downloadable on Windows versions. Mac users can’t download this tool on their browsers.
- For most of the users, it isn’t easy to purchase the lifetime version. It will be better if they provide annual and monthly plans.
Should I download Fireshot? If you want a basic tool to take screenshots on web browsers, Fireshot will be the first choice you need to try. However, if you decided to purchase the premium version. In that case, you need to look out for other tools because the premium version lacks a few functionalities that you can find on other premium tools.